UP PCS Main Syllabus
Are you looking for UP PCS Exam Preparation Institute 2020 in Saharanpur and Ghaziabad? If yes then you are on accurate web page to check the best academy that is Rahul IAS Academy and also check here latest PCS Pre/Main Exam Pattern for Provincial Civil services Vacancy.
Rahul IAS has been established to foster excellence among IAS aspirants in terms of competitiveness and knowledge. It is a vibrant pre-selection training wing of for Civil Examinations .The Vision of the Academy is to inculcate innovation and competitiveness among dedicated and committed IAS aspirants.
- The interview will be conducted with 100 marks.
- The total marks including Interview will be 1500 + 100 = 1600 Marks.
- There is no such a specific pattern and syllabus of the interview.
- Candidates must be aware of their surroundings, state and should have a good knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Candidate should be communicative during the interview and must keep their views openly before the interview board.
|General Study (4 Papers of 200marks each)||800 Marks|
|One Optional Subject||400 Marks|
|General Hindi||150 Marks|
PAPER – I General Studies-I (200 marks); Duration: 2hrs
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
- General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change- that do not require subject spec
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development Poverty Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General Science
PAPER- II General Studies-II (200 marks); Duration: 2 hrs
- General English upto Class X level.
- General Hindi upto Class X level.
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Decision making and problem solving.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- General mental ability
- Elementary Mathematics up to Class X level- Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, and Statistics.
ELEMENTARY MATHEMATICS (UPTO CLASS X LEVEL)
- Number systems: Natural Numbers, Integers, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of integers and their interrelationship Rational and irrational numbers, Real numbers, Divisors of an Integer, prime integers, etc.
- Ratio and proportion
- Profit and Loss
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Simple and Compound interests
- Work and Time.
- Factors of polynomials, L.C.M., and H.C.F. of polynomials and their interrelationship, simultaneous linear equations, quadratic equations & Remainder theorem.
- Set Theory: Set null set, subsets and proper subsets of a set, operations (Union, Intersections, difference, symmetric difference) between sets, Venn diagram.
- Constructions and theorems, rectangle, square, trapezium and circles, their perimeter and area, regarding the triangle
- Volume and surface area of the sphere, right circular cylinder, right circular Cone and Cube.
- Statistics:- Collection of data, Classification of data, tabulation, cumulative frequency, frequency distribution.Representation of data – Measures of Central tendency: Arithmetic mean, Median and Mode, Pie chart, Bar diagram, histogram, frequency polygon, cumulative frequency curves (ogives)
GENERAL ENGLISH (UPTO CLASS X LEVEL)
- Active Voice and Passive Voice.
- Parts of Speech.
- Vocabulary & usage.
- Idioms and Phrases.
- Transformation of Sentences.
- Direct and Indirect Speech.
- Punctuation and Spellings.
- Words Meanings.
- Fill in the Blanks.
सामान्य हिंदी (हाईस्कूल स्तर तक) के पाठ्यक्रम में सम्मिलित किए जाने वाले विषय
- हिंदी वर्णमाला, विराम चिन्ह
- शब्द रचना, वाक्य रचना, अर्थ,
- संधि, समास,
- विलोम शब्द,
- अनेकार्थी शब्द,
- पर्यायवाची शब्द
- मुहावरे एवं लोकोक्तियाँ
- तत्सम एवं तद्भव, देशज, विदेशी (शब्द भंडार)
- हिंदी भाषा के प्रयोग में होने वाली अशुद्धियाँ
- उ.प्र. की मुख्य बोलियाँ