PCS Pre Syllabus
Dear Students, If you find best PCS institute in the city of Saharanpur and Ghaziabad then you are on right web place to get admission in the Rahul PCS Academy which is one of the best Coaching in Ghaziabad & Saharanpur for Civil Services Exams Preparation
Candidates who want to qualify for the PCS Pre/Main Application Form 2020 exam need to focus on the subjects listed out in the syllabus. For more extra details, candidates can check our official web page and get all the latest update from here and stay connected with us for further use.
Name of the Department: Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission
Information About: PCS Pre Syllabus 2020
PCS 2020 Exam Pattern
- The Preliminary examination will constitute of two question papers.
- The question paper will be of the objective in nature.
- There will be negative marking i.e. 1/3rd marks will be deducted for every wrong response Preliminary examination.
|Name of the Question Paper||Number of questions||Total marks||Total time|
|CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test): Qualifying in Nature||80 questions||200 (2.5 marks for each question)||2 Hours|
|General Study||100 questions||200 (2 marks for each question)||2 Hour|
PCS 2020 Exam Syllabus
PAPER – I General Studies-I (200 marks); Duration: 2hrs
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
- General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change- that do not require subject spec
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development Poverty Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General Science
PAPER- II General Studies-II (200 marks); Duration: 2 hrs
- General English upto Class X level.
- General Hindi upto Class X level.
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Decision making and problem solving.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- General mental ability
- Elementary Mathematics up to Class X level- Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, and Statistics.
ELEMENTARY MATHEMATICS (UPTO CLASS X LEVEL)
- Number systems: Natural Numbers, Integers, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of integers and their interrelationship Rational and irrational numbers, Real numbers, Divisors of an Integer, prime integers, etc.
- Ratio and proportion
- Profit and Loss
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Simple and Compound interests
- Work and Time.
- Factors of polynomials, L.C.M., and H.C.F. of polynomials and their interrelationship, simultaneous linear equations, quadratic equations & Remainder theorem.
- Set Theory: Set null set, subsets and proper subsets of a set, operations (Union, Intersections, difference, symmetric difference) between sets, Venn diagram.
- Constructions and theorems, rectangle, square, trapezium and circles, their perimeter and area, regarding the triangle
- Volume and surface area of the sphere, right circular cylinder, right circular Cone and Cube.
- Statistics:- Collection of data, Classification of data, tabulation, cumulative frequency, frequency distribution.Representation of data – Measures of Central tendency: Arithmetic mean, Median and Mode, Pie chart, Bar diagram, histogram, frequency polygon, cumulative frequency curves (ogives)
GENERAL ENGLISH (UPTO CLASS X LEVEL)
- Active Voice and Passive Voice.
- Parts of Speech.
- Vocabulary & usage.
- Idioms and Phrases.
- Transformation of Sentences.
- Direct and Indirect Speech.
- Punctuation and Spellings.
- Words Meanings.
- Fill in the Blanks.
सामान्य हिंदी (हाईस्कूल स्तर तक) के पाठ्यक्रम में सम्मिलित किए जाने वाले विषय
- हिंदी वर्णमाला, विराम चिन्ह
- शब्द रचना, वाक्य रचना, अर्थ,
- संधि, समास,
- विलोम शब्द,
- अनेकार्थी शब्द,
- पर्यायवाची शब्द
- मुहावरे एवं लोकोक्तियाँ
- तत्सम एवं तद्भव, देशज, विदेशी (शब्द भंडार)
- हिंदी भाषा के प्रयोग में होने वाली अशुद्धियाँ
- उ.प्र. की मुख्य बोलियाँ